Todays’ schools lack creative teaching and learning, study says by Laura Devaney

“Transformative change” is need to inject a creative boost into the current education system from eSchool News.

One thought on “Todays’ schools lack creative teaching and learning, study says by Laura Devaney”

1. I agree with the article. The current education system results in kids who know how to follow directions, listen, write notes, read and take tests. Today’s educators were taught / are taught in the same way. We need a paradigm shift.

Having talked with students from two private schools in the area, one with a majority of time spent hands on and the other with a strong experiential hands on and college prep approach, I am impressed with their ability to talk with adults; to talk about what they are learning and to be able to think for themselves. These are young people who have been taught to think, to figure things out.
    I don’t have the answers for public schools and other traditional private schools. I just know that I have seen two that work.