Google has launched five improvements to Google Classroom. This is in response to teacher suggestions.
1. Groups integration: This will provide the ability to pre-populate classes using Google Groups. It appears that this may take some behind the scenes work, but I believe we may be able to export names from Power School into Google Groups.
The rest of these improvements should be readily accessible to all classes using Google Classroom.
2. Mark assignments as “done”: Students can mark assignments as complete even if there is nothing to turn in (e.g. watch a video, read a chapter, bring something to class)
3. Export all grades: Teachers will now have the ability to download all assignments at once making it easier to export assignments to any gradebook.
4. Sorting: Teachers can now choose to sort by first or last names.
5. Greater teacher controls: Teachers can now set permissions for whether or not their class can post comments in the Stream. They can mute individual students from posting or commenting and teachers can view previously deleted items in the Stream.
Google Classroom Enhancements